Visit Fibertec's Website
Premium Double-Hung WIndows
500 Premium Double-Hung Tilt Windows: Standard SeriesFibertec's premium double hung tilt window series features metal pull handles on each sash, low profile tilt latches, as well as an integral interlock where the two sashes meet at the closing point. This double hung tilt window is also suited for high end retrofit and new construction applications.
500 Premium Double-Hung Tilt Windows: Wood Clad Fiber® SeriesOur Wood Clad window series offers the best of both worlds the carefree and durability aspects of a fiberglass window frame, plus the beauty of a real stainable oak wood interior. We recommend that the wood be treated immediately after installation in order to maintain its beauty.
• STANDARD SERIES: 3 1/4" Pultruded Fiberglass Frame completely filled with laser die cut Polystyrene, injection moulded reinforced mechanical welded corners with Polyurethane foam fill, sealed with silicone sealant and is independently tested to AAMA 1011.S2 and CAN/CSA-A440.0 and CSA A440.2 (AAMA 101-93) standards.
• WOOD CLAD SERIES: 3 1/4" Pultruded Fiberglass Frame and Sash laminated with real stainable oak wood . Completely filled with laser die cut polystyrene, injection moulded reinforced mechanical welded corners with polyurethane foam fill, sealed with silicone sealant and is independently tested to AAMA 1011.S2 and CAN/CSA-A440.0 CSA A440.2 (AAMA 101-93) standards.
• PAINT FINISH: Standard White using Sequoia TM series V advanced acrylic polyurethane (water borne) baked on finish. Rated environmentally friendly due to low VOC.
• GLAZING STOPS: uPVC exterior glass stop with co-extruded gasket, ensures a positive seal to the sealed unit glass.
• WEATHER-STRIPPING: Fin pile weather strip around sash perimeter to ensure constant contact with main frame. Polypropylene bulb seal is inserted at bottom sash to ensure a positive seal against sill.
• HARDWARE: Recessed thumb release tabs for easy tilt action on both upper and lower sash, available in white or sandalwood colour. Surface mounted heavy duty metal cam locks, available in white or sandalwood colour. Surface mounted metal lift handles on top and bottom sash, available in white or sandalwood colour.
• GLASS: Double glazing – 7/8" sealed units with 5/8" air space. Triple glazing (optional) – 7/8" sealed units with 1/4" air space. Various other optional glazings are available, to suit any climate condition or esthetics.
• GLAZING METHOD: The glass is held in place by a removable exterior glass stop. Double-sided foam tape on the interior and a thermoplastic rubber gasket on the exterior assist in securing the glass. The glazing cavity is edge drained to the exterior with concealed drainage holes. The glazing cavity is also edge vented to the exterior through concealed vent holes.
• INSECT SCREEN: Full height, roll-formed aluminum frame held in place with aluminum knife latches. Screen mesh (Fiberglass or Aluminum) retained by vinyl spline.
• ATTACHMENTS: Jamb extensions, Strap Anchors, PVC nailing fin, are available for installation applications.
• SIZES AVAILABLE: Minimum width 18", Minimum height 30", Maximum width 54", Maximum height 84". Fibertec manufactures to sizes specified + / - 1/8" (3.17 mm) industry tolerance.
• INSTALLATION: Shall be performed by experienced installers in accordance with manufacturer instructions and CSA A440.4 standards. Window shall be plumb and square after installation is complete and sealed to both interior and exterior wall with high quality sealant around the perimeter of the frame. If perimeter cavity is to be foamed, additional anchorage may be required to prevent bowing. It shall be the responsibility of the installers to make all necessary final adjustments to ensure normal and smooth operation.
• MAINTENANCE: Occasional cleaning of glass and frame components with a non-abrasive detergent is recommended.
• TEST RESULTS: Products have been independently tested and rated by AAMA, and NFRC (see energy ratings).